Please be sure to read it wearing your special safety goggles - a couple of the pictures aren't fit for publication. ;)
In all seriousness, thanks to Joe for his attention to this issue and I'd like to commend all the respondents for their great tips!
Some interesting takeaways from this:
- All the respondents mentioned riding slowly. Definitely better for safety if you're riding slowly and in control.
- Everyone also eschewed "bike clothing" as much as possible. That surprised me, pleasantly.
- Blundo did a good job of addressing some of the key points that people come up with about why they can't bike commute with the tips he picked.
- Loved Alec's off-the-cuff comments about the two-mile rule. Great point, Alec.
- Also loved Jessica's comment about "it's not a one-year phase." Nope. This has gotten bigger every year since I started paying attention, and it's all good. There are fads and there are cultural shifts - this is most definitely the latter!
People, not speed.